A student can obtain an Internationally recognised Certificate 1V in Kinesiology from ICPKP Australasia by completing the following:
- BKP 1-110
- Mastery of Emotional Stress Release
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Practice Management 1
- Clinical Safe Practices 1
This should take 18 months to complete (less if you have completed Anatomy and Physiology). On completion, you will receive 4 certificates:
- Certificate 1V in Kinesiology from ICPKP Australasia
- Certificate in Self Care for Wellness from ICPKP Australasia
- Certificate in Kinesiology for Wellness and Vitality from ICPKP Australasia
- Certificate in Basic Kinesiology Practice (BKP) from the International College of Professional Kinesiology Practice – ICPKP (International Body).
Students will also be eligible to apply for membership as an Ordinary Member and/or Registered Kinesiology Practitioner with the Australian Institute of Kinesiologists and/or the Australian Kinesiology Association, as well as qualifying to register with the ATMS (Australian Traditional Medicine Society) in Kinesiology.
- ENERGISERS AND SELF CARE: This workshop introduces you to three different kinds of easy to learn self-energiser trigger points (Neuro-Emotional, Neuro-Lymphatic, and Neuro-Vascular) and the powerful meridian energiser trace. As well, you will use walking gait reflexes, crosscrawl, self-integration, vision and hearing energy techniques.
- PROFICIENT MANUAL MUSCLE TESTING: Students completing this unit will be able to use muscle testing accurately, and perform a Kinesiology energy balance on others. They will be able to identify dehydration, ionisation, neurological disorganisation (switching), central vessel integrity and thymus energy imbalance.
- INTRODUCTION TO THE LAW OF 5-ELEMENTS: This unit develops an elementary understanding of and skill in using basic 5-Element principles for energy balancing. It includes the 8 yin muscles and the ability to balance the meridian system
- THE BODY’S SUPERFICIAL ENERGY CONNECTIONS: This unit introduces an understanding of the philosophy, principles and history of Kinesiology; to extend the understanding of meridians and their related organ systems and to develop proficiency in a 14 muscle wheel energy balance.
- THE LAW OF 5-ELEMENTS IN DEPTH: This unit extends the understanding of, and skill in using, the 5-Element principles and 5-Element emotions for energy balancing. Learn a further 14 muscles to balance.
- PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, BALANCING PROTOCOL WITH DATABASE: This unit develops skill and understanding in the use of basic professional Kinesiology techniques to do full balances with age recession. It includes history taking and listening skills
- PAIN REDUCTION: This unit develops skills in using Kinesiology techniques to reduce physical pain. It includes pain tapping, meridian walking, neuromuscular reset, pulse points and postural stress.
- HISTORY / BALANCING WITH FOOD: This unit extends an understanding of the development (philosophy and principles) of Kinesiology. It develops an understanding of the chain of life, the six stages of nutrition, food combining; the concept of biogenic, biostatic, biocidic substances; to construct a diet using 5-Element, food family and food rotation principles; to develop skill in using C1 and ear acu-point sensitivity tests.
- ADVANCED MUSCLE TECHNIQUES, REACTIVITY AND POSTURE: This unit develops skill and understanding in correcting reactivity in muscles and meridians with (and without) circuit retaining or reactive modes. To develop skill in observing postural imbalance; to extend techniques in balancing energy in muscles.
- USING CLIENT HEALTH RECORDS: To establish, utilise and update a client health record; communicate in a professional manner and set clear boundaries in a kinesiology practice; establish personal ethical behaviour and respect client’s rights in a health care context.
- CLINICAL BODY CONTACT: To develop skill in using Kinesiology techniques related to body contact. To use palpation to assess the client muscle state and integrate findings into the management of the client in a kinesiology practice
- STRESS RELEASE TECHNIQUES
- INTEGRATION WORKSHOP 1 & 2: The course will include 2 extra units over and above the BKP units, to help students to integrate and use the information learned. This will include extra understanding and information that you can use to make your balances more informative.
INSTRUCTOR: Laika van Oostveen
INSTRUCTOR: Gabby Fels